analytics

Queue Total



NETFLIX QUEUE-
284 MOVIES (released titles only)

Note: Real spoilers are in black text on a black background. Highlight the black areas to read the spoilers.


Queue Numbers

#50- Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

#100- Black Swan

#200- Mysteries of Lisbon

Last- Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Not Quite Hollywood

Not Quite Hollywood: the untold story of ozploitation (2008)


Director: Mark Hartley

Synopsis
a documentary about the austrailian film industry from the 70s and 80s and how outrageous they were. sex and violence and cars.

MOster 
I liked this one.  It was pretty great.  Informative, engaging, comprehensible.  A good doc.


Not doing a very good job of reading the description, I had expected this to be a discussion of the more serious side of recent Aussie fare such as Baz Lurhman.  It was only a pleasant surprise to see the true development of the film industry down there, especially as it was these sort of "*sploitation" movies that made the newer works possible.  Narration by Tarantino was really cool, and not just because I love me some Tarantino; he had a real point of view and it was obvious that he knew his material.


I added probably a few too many movies to the queue as we were watching this; but since before we started el Woman and I had a discussion of this notion I feel no real qualms.


The Woman
pretty awesome. i don't have much to say about this one because it was good, and well done. it made me want to watch a lot of terrible exploitation      movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment