analytics

Queue Total



NETFLIX QUEUE-
284 MOVIES (released titles only)

Note: Real spoilers are in black text on a black background. Highlight the black areas to read the spoilers.


Queue Numbers

#50- Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

#100- Black Swan

#200- Mysteries of Lisbon

Last- Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Monday, October 17, 2011

Taking Woodstock

Taking Woodstock (2009)
Written by James Schamus, Elliot Tiber (book), Tom Monte (book)
Directed by Ang Lee, and don't you forget it!
Starring Demetri Martin, Imelda Staunton, Henry Goodman, Eugene Levy's eyebrows, special appearance by Liev Schreiber's face

Synopsis
A kid's family's Catskills "resort" is in danger of foreclosure.  The Woodstock festival is in danger of not happening.  Connections are made.

Every single milestone that you would think is in this movie is in this movie.

 The Wooman
truly shme shme shme. this thing ran about an hour too long, which tipped it into the annoying category. the whole thing leading up to woodstock was mildly interesting, but then it seemed like storylines were dropped and new ones were introduced halfway through. eh. i don't care enough to write anymore. check. off the queue. onto the next one.


MOster
We've written about 300 of these things, and I don't feel like repeating myself.  I could give you a hundred words or so which would start with, "I used to like Ang Lee..." but why should I bother?  I could give you another couple hundred jumping from, "Everything was fine..." but you've heard it all before.  I could talk about standout performances in a sea of mediocrity, but I've done that bit, too. I could talk about a plot which was telegraphed from kettle drums which are 500 feet in diameter; but I'll save that for a movie which generates in me one iota of real passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment