analytics

Queue Total



NETFLIX QUEUE-
284 MOVIES (released titles only)

Note: Real spoilers are in black text on a black background. Highlight the black areas to read the spoilers.


Queue Numbers

#50- Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown

#100- Black Swan

#200- Mysteries of Lisbon

Last- Once Upon a Time in Anatolia

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Good Hair











Good Hair 
Written by Chris Rock, Lance Crouthier (

), Paul Marchand
Directed by Jeff Stilson

Synopsis
A doc about the hair of the black Americans.


The Woman
this made me sad. as a white chick, i know not the plight of african american women, but i say embrace yourselves, ladies. don't let the white man dictate what beauty is to you. i think your natural hair is beautiful, and i like to think i wouldn't put myself through the nonsense of relaxers and the upkeep of weaves...mostly because i have a low pain threshold, and am a cheapskate...but nonetheless! i think nappy is pretty.

MOster
This is a good documentary.  I like how it used the hair show as a framing device, coming back to it to move things forward but spending as much time as needed in barber shops all over the place.  The interviews were executed well.  They asked good questions, and they presented multiple view points.  I don't have too much more to say about it.  It's worth watching.  It might make you feel guilty as a white person (if you're white) but I think there are more layers and enough years to mitigate some of that.

Oh, and sorry, but as soon as I saw Lance Crouthier I thought, "Pootie!"  and when I came upon that photo while validating my suspicion I had to share it with you.  I'm sitting here in front of the computer while everyone is asleep and I had to stifle 30 seconds of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment